wk 9 blog

TOPIC 1: MUSIC'S INFLUENCE

When I was a child I went to best buy with my grandmother and I found an Eminem CD I wanted to buy because I had heard my father listening to his music. After I got home and started listening to it my grandmother heard the lyrics and took it back after I had gone to bed and purchased the clean version. My grandmother was the nicest person on the planet and didn’t want to hurt my feelings, so she didn’t take it away immediately, but she didn’t want me hearing those kinds of words at my young age.
I did not really notice too much until I was told about the switch later when I was older. I support her decision now.
I enjoy all sorts of genres and music so what I listen to depends on my mood. Right now, I have been listening to all sorts of “rock” music from anywhere from the 70’s-90’s.  My top 5 bands/artists I enjoy listening to; David Sylvian/Japan, Steely Dan, David Bowie, Men at Work, Andrew Gold. I understand that all these artists/bands are mostly different genres, but I group them loosely together.

TOPIC 2: CAMPUS RADIO

I think that launching an LBCC radio could work alright if there are enough dedicated people willing to donate their time (and maybe their own money).
I would recommend having some way for the listeners to suggest songs. I would also say that the station would need some way to have fan interaction.
Sponsorships and advertisement might work if it is possible for the students running it to acquire them. If they can’t get sponsorships, then the best way I know of to make money is to get a regular job.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

aug 16 media blog

Media Blog project topic 1

wikileaks and first amendment