wk 5 blogpost


TOPIC 1: NEWSPAPERS
I usually get my news from word of mouth or Facebook, I never go out looking for news, so I only get whatever others want me to know. Local news has almost no impact on my life. The news I receive I always take with a grain of salt, if someone tells me something I wouldn’t go out and tell someone the same thing as if I knew it as fact.
I do not subscribe to any news sources with a paywall or not. I am not willing to pay because the news they deliver would not impact my life in a positive way.
1 I am not well informed on current events or what’s going on in my community or society, although it is not important to me because it wouldn’t change my life enough to investigate it.

TOPIC 2: FAKE NEWS
I think that what President Trump is trying to say is that we should be cautious with the media and news we consume and use common sense to try to figure out if a story is as they say it is. I agree with my interpretation of what he said, whether that was what he was trying to say I am not sure. During the 2016 election watching CNN was a train wreck, they had a clear constant bias to one of the candidates and went as far as they could to protect them from the things they have done. Not to say other news sources didn’t have bias because they pretty much all did.
I think the state of journalism is a joke right now, him “attacking” them is not a huge help because the people who like trump already agree and the people who don’t will now make sure to disagree with what he says. Any journalist that thinks that journalism is currently in a good state is delusional.
Our democracy is weakened by our current media and journalism because it’s impossible to get the truth. People say that newspapers are the only credible source and they are dying but it’s still so easy to have bias or lie in a newspaper. An example would be Trump and Putin, they are both trying to make peace with America and Russia. CNN doesn’t like the phrase peace talks so instead they decide to call it Trump siding with Russia over the US. CNN didn’t have a poll saying that Americans want war with Russia over peace, but CNN has a personal agenda to fulfill.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Media Blog project topic 1

wikileaks and first amendment

aug 16 media blog