week 3


TOPIC 1

I searched the first brand I could think of which was @hefty on twitter. I went to their page to look around and I found that almost every post was a retweet. The tweets they do have that are their own are mostly jokes or replying to others praising the brand.
The target audience looks like it is mothers. The reason I say this is because most of the things they retweet are by mothers or have mothers in the picture with the hefty garbage bag. I don’t think they are doing a great job because they only have about 6k followers.
If I was the product manager I would try to get out there on twitter and interact with more people including other brands. the Wendy’s twitter account is always being talked about because they basically just trash talk other companies and people love it, if I were a brand manager I would try to do something like that.

TOPIC 2: PERSUASIVE TECHNIQUES -- Consider TWO DIFFERENT ADVERTISEMENTS or PUBLIC RELATIONS campaigns that you've seen recently online or on TV, read in a magazine or heard on the radio. Choose one ad that you think WORKS, and one that you think is a DUD.
Ad 1 Southwest airlines good
The ad is a bunch of customers with huge contagious smiles while a narrator in the background describes what the deal is. Despite it being only 15 seconds long it was clear concise and I understood what the deal was.
The ad was designed for somebody who is planning to take a trip, this was a targeted ad to me because I have been researching airlines recently.
The persuasive technique was just simplicity in my opinion, they didn’t have enough time to cram to much into the ad so they just put it plain and simple.
The technique worked because I saw the ad, didn’t bother to click off the video because the ad was short and understood what the message of the ad was very easily.

AD number 2 bad
The ad is a pushy salesman from another internet/tv company trying to sell someone service and keeps making the deal worse to try to sweeten the deal. I think trying to use comedy in advertising can work if it was done correctly but I don’t think this was done well.
The target audience is anyone know has a bad deal on their cable/internet service which is most people in America. Specifically, he mentions ESPN so sports fans as well.
The persuasive technique they use is comedy, the whole ad is supposed to be a parody of a pushy salesman at the door of your house.
The technique in my opinion does not work because the whole thing is not very funny. The relatable situation skit provides the feeling of about one second of “oh yeah I understand the joke” then you realize that it really wasn’t funny and there was no depth to the joke. Some people will disagree and say it was hilarious, but I believe with the entire 1 minute ad they had much more room to work with and make something that was more coherent.
https://www.ispot.tv/ad/w0WE/spectrum-bad-deal

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

aug 16 media blog

wikileaks and first amendment