Media blog project topic #4

I recently watched the movie Avengers: Infinity War and wanted to discuss and analyze it because it was the most recent movie that I have seen.
Link to the trailer by Marvel Entertainment here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ZfuNTqbHE8
I am not a huge fan of Marvel like a lot of people are so before I watched the movie I had to do some research on characters and stories. I checked online for resources and found this: https://www.marvel.com/explore
It is straight from the marvel website and helped me immensely with figuring out what each character is from and what they are like. If you didn’t already know the “Avengers” series is comprised of tons of different characters from many different comic books fighting and interacting together to defeat a common evil. Infinity war is not first “Avengers” movie but the story is not affected if you watch the others or not.
The plot is basically marvel heroes banding together to defeat this new threat and save half the world from destruction, any more description would spoil the movie.
The movie did very well sales-wise, according to Vox.com they opened to more than 250 million dollars in North America.
https://www.vox.com/2018/4/30/17293308/avengers-infinity-war-box-office-money-record
This is a record for highest box office opening worldwide ever.
Although the movie was good it was very similar to every movie that Marvel has ever made and will probably ever will. It reminded me of every other Avengers movie specifically because they all seem to be about getting the band back together metaphorically, the difference in this movie though seems like it is in multiple parts. I am not a big fan of this, movie producers decide to make a movie into multiple parts which creates more content which I love, but the content to me seems watered down and makes watching it a bore.
This movie is important because of its box office numbers and the records it broke.
I think this movie is setting a bad example for movies that follow it, they will see how well the movie did and see that it is in multiple parts and will start seeing green.
The movie is targeted to what seems like everyone, and it seems like their marketing worked because everyone I know watched it or wants to watch it. It doesn’t really try to avoid offensive topics or try to show them because they don’t really have any place in a movie like this.
In my personal opinion the movie was good to watch, and I can’t wait for the next one, but I think the movie was bad. What I mean by this is the movie was super well edited, directed, budgeted, acted, etc. but the movie’s plot was so cliché that I think it doesn’t deserve all the fame it got. I do think this is the best Avengers movie yet, the story was simple and easy to understand to the average person like me but for someone who knows all the Marvel stories and read all the comic books they would understand more subtle things.
This movie will be remembered for the huge box office mostly I believe. Critics mostly thought the movie was good but not great.
The movie was advertised well on TV, online, and with social media well but the biggest thing for me was the advertisement that the average person did. It was hard to go a day without someone asking me if I had seen the trailer or if I was going to go see it. When they make a part two to the movie I do plan to see it and I expect it will be just as good as the part one.
After watching this movie, I went back and watched some of the movies about individual superheroes, so I could learn more about them individually, so I would know more when I saw the second part. All my friends and family have done the same.
Overall, I would recommend this movie to your average person but I would warn them that the story is somewhat bland and that they should focus on the amazing cinematography and wonderful acting rather than the story.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Media Blog project topic 1

wikileaks and first amendment

aug 16 media blog