aug 16 media blog


TOPIC 1: BANNED BOOKS AND YOUR BOOKSHELF

On the 2017 list of banned books I recognize Thirteen Reasons Why, Drama, and To Kill a Mockingbird I never read any of them, but I have heard the titles.
After reading the reasons why some of these books were banned I don’t agree with banning them at schools. I think they are fine for schools as long as they go to the correct students. All the books on the challenged list I believe should not be in elementary schools or middle schools, but high school is fine.
All the books on my bookshelf right now are school textbooks, that should tell the reader of this that I am not a big reader and mostly stick to what is necessary for me to read.



TOPIC 2: MAGAZINES

I don’t normally read magazines but If I am at a doctor or a waiting room I usually go for auto magazines. If they don’t have those then I usually go for a national geographic. I think that this shows that I don’t usually like magazines but when I do read them I enjoy learning new things.
Usually products related to the magazines, in the auto magazines it is usually car parts or auto shops that advertise. In national geographic I never notice advertisements, but I would have to imagine they would be for products that generally are used by older people such as aspirin.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

wikileaks and first amendment

week 3